Sunday, May 11, 2008

Life in the Nazz Lane

An active week in both lives, second and real, and I'd managed to make a few new connections in the virtual along with catching up with a few old friends in the real. I'd also finished chapter two of my serialized novel "Borders of Our Lives". It's in the hands of my editor now and I'm anxious to see it published in second life soon. The title for chapter two is "Why Shouldn't We" and continues the story of Jeffrey Goff and the people he meets in his second life.


Some of this past week's high lights:


  • The opening of Tricia Aferdita's showing went very well. Happily I was able to attend if only for a brief visist and see "Expressions" a collection of her new works in acrylic. She is quite active in the SL arts, beside her own work and art gallery, she also serves as president of the Cetus Art District in SL. A great build and must see when you have a chance.


  • I attended the opening of the Tranquil Art Museum showing of the Quilters in SL Stitching Up Spring Quilt Show this past Thursday. The quilts will be available through the month of May at the Tranquil Art Museum and Commons. Providing entertainment for the event was Phoe Nix. If you do have a chance to see and hear her perform, you should take the opportunity to do so. A delight to hear her renderings of several standards and of her own songs while tickling the keys of her piano. Brianna Beresford, the owner of Tranquil and a very dear friend certainly knows how to plan and host an event.



  • I received one sad bit of news during the week, I understand that my good friend Simone Stern is away from SL resting and recovering. My very best wishes to her and a speedy return to the helm of Simone Design.


  • Fellow reporter at the SL Newspaper Yonsay Gontineac sent me copy of a short story he wrote. An interesting piece of fantasy, I would expect to see more come from him soon.



  • Arahan Claveau and Nebulosus Severine are exhibiting at the Kunstvlaai (ArtPie) Festival, which runs from May 10-18th 2008. This event takes place simultaneously at the Virtual Holland & Amsterdam SIM in Second Life and in the real-life Amsterdam gallery, PlanetArt. They have a number of works on display at Virtual Holland, including a special presentation of the film 'Salon du Disruptif.'


  • Hopefully the third try will be a charm, having missed planned interviews with poet Therik Wilkerson twice now, I hope to catch up with him this week.



  • I received an invite to "MediaCampBucks May 08" from CJ /Katie Reve, Pilot Theatre representative in SL. Katie will be running a workshop from SL during the RL event on the 18th of May. "MediaCampBucks May 08" is an un-conference digging on advertising, blogging, web-dev, branding, virtual worlds, new and social media for anyone wishing to get involved.

No comments: