Sunday, July 13, 2008

SL Shakespeare Company - Twelfth Night Performance

I had the pleasure of attending a performance of Shakespeare's play, "Twelfth Night" this evening in the virtual space of second life. The SL Shakespeare Company had chunked the play down into into "bite-size" pieces, and this evenings performance was of the last two acts. I had been unable to attend prior performances and it had been some time since I'd seen or read the play, but I enjoyed the staged reading immensely. Congratulations to cast and crew for their perfomances and bringing the bard in to our virtual lives.

The SL Globe Theatre which plays host to the company's performances is a "meticulous" replica of the Globe Theatre and is a visual delight. I am planning for a return trip to see this build in all its detail.

No comments: