Friday, October 31, 2008

Project Jason in Second Life

Yesterday, I appeared at the Autumn Writers Exhibition to do a live reading of an excerpt from my serialized novel "Borders of Our Lives" and to discuss in an open forum journalism in Second Life. Prior to the journalism discussion, I chose to read a story I'd written for the SL Newspaper about a year ago. It is a story of a woman and her efforts to bring into SL information on the "Missing". Ronnie Rhode and her "Garden for the Missing" are an excellent example of what can be done with the medium of virtual worlds in communications and creating awareness for noteworthy causes. Ronnie had recently informed me that she is involved now with Project Jason in Second Life. If you have the opportunity please stop by and see what she has done at the site.

Also, she's written an article about Project Jason, her story appears on page twenty of the October 2008 issue of the Omaha Family.

No comments: