Monday, September 7, 2009

Jackson Street Books Welcomes Author in Second Life



I had a brief chat with Jackson Street Books co-owner, BookemJackson Streeter in second life where she happily announced the appearance of Garth Stein to discuss his latest award winning novel, The Art of Racing in the Rain. The event is scheduled for Monday evening the 7th of September at 6 pm PDT/SLT and will be held at the Jackson Street Books in SL location. Ms Streeter's characterization of the book is a "Heartbreaking and achingly perfect this book is really impossible to describe. Narrated by the big hearted Enzo, this story reminds us of the grace of everyday, the preciousness of each moment. Enzo is a dog who can explain what it is to be human."


It will be Mr. Stein's first appearance in second life and she told me, "I'm really excited about this … but kind of nervous about the voice interview part … We've done other authors here, but in text ... this will be the first time in voice. I want to do more Monday author events and I'll have a Machinama of Garth to show at the upcoming NW book show ... but I'm not ready to be weekly yet."


When I commented that I thought she'd do fine and that it'd be just like talking to a friend, she said. "Luckily, he is a real life friend so I don't have to worry about that."

No comments: