Friday, March 26, 2010

The Opening of "Dots" and "Dots Blue" by Sledge Roffo


The Gallery of the Minotaur Primagery


Presenting a new series called "Dots" and "Dots Blue" at my gallery in Grettony.

Using alpha textures on boxes, coupled with a variety of colored textures and slow moving scripts, these primagery works are diverse and optically exciting and fun.

Please come and enjoy my most fun works yet!

I will be pleased to welcome you on two occasions so hope you can make it to one.

~~~SATURDAY starting at 12 o'clook noon PDT/SLT, March 27

~~~SUNDAY starting at 5 pm PDT/SLT, March 28

--- LIVE On Stage Sunday only: claudio Delvalle will entertain us with his RL original music, that you will be sure and recognize . This is his SL debut outside of his own club so come out and applaud this awesome RL singer/songwriter and enjoy the art and company of artists and art patrons at the same time!

Hope to see you there!

Sledge Roffo

~About the Artist - Authentic Second Life Art ~

Thank you for your interest in the art work of Sledge Roffo.

I started making art in Second Life in June 2008, working with Sachi Nozaki, who was my partner at the time. We created an art form that is unique to Second Life. I've been on my own since October 2008 and the principle is still the same, but my influences have evolved. I create prim sculptures and then use the Second Life camera to zoom into the sculptures and find photographs that are rich in color and depth. In August 2008, I coined this process Primagery.

To understand the evolution of my work, read my blog:

Two recent articles have been written about me:

http://www.queenmagazinesl.com/webpublish/queenmag_aug09.swf

http://issuu.com/rolemag/docs/rolemagazine_july09/63?zoomed=true&zoomPercent=50&zoomXPos=0.009029345372460584&zoomYPos=0.4276422764227642

In RL, I am a career Construction Project Manager. I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts, majoring in Painting. I thought I would have to wait until I retire to do anything...but Second Life has me hooked. I don't know anything about Photoshop and don't use it. I'd never made a piece of digital art until I came here.

No comments: